Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Color Wheel - Slacking!

Okay, so some of your remember when I started on this color wheel.

The quilting is almost done. I have to pick out a little bit at the top. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, so I experimented a little bit, and I'm learning the hard way that this particular thread is a little diva and doesn't like coming out of a quilt!

I decided on swirls in the middle of the bow-ties and a flower motif around the bow-ties. 

I used a metallic thread by Wonderfil.
It comes in tubes of four different colors, and Wonderfil has different color-ways to choose from.
I'm not sure if it's polyester, rayon, or a blend, but it was wayyy fussy on the machine. I suppose that's because it's wrapped with the metallic stuff that makes it shiny. Oh well. It still turned out really nice :)

At this point, I'm not rushing myself into finishing it. We won't be moving for several weeks, but I do need to get it done for my new (and hopefully improved!) sewing room =D. 

Speaking of moving. The house we looked at that we really liked is a no-go. The seller decided to take it off the market, and wasn't very gracious or nice about the whole situation, especially when she was told she had a prospective buyer.

Oh well. There is another house we are looking at tomorrow morning, so the search continues!

Anyway, that's the progress I've had on that project.

Popular Posts