Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Quilt-along Block #4

Okay, so over the weekend, we got a buyer for our home! We went back and forth a couple times, but we settled on a number that everyone was happy with! Now I'm homeless! :)

I'm sure we'll find something shortly. We've looked at several places, and I really liked the last one we looked at, but we're having problems with the seller. So, now it's just a waiting game to see what the seller wants to do.

Okay, so let's get down to business! We're going into week four of the quilt-along! I hope everyone is coming along nicely. Don't forget that if you get stuck, have any questions, etc. just shoot me an email. I always respond within 24 hours, and most days it's much less than that.

So, for this tutorial you will need the following -

In a background print -
2 squares, 2 7/8" each


12 squares, 2 1/2" each


8 rectangles, 2 1/2"x4 1/2" each


In a plaid print -
2 squares, 2 7/8" each


4 rectangles, 2 1/2"x4 1/2" each


For the main two colors,  from each - 
4 squares, 2 1/2" each





2 squares, 2 7/8" each











Using your 2 7/8" background squares and your pink plaid 2 7/8" squares, make four half-square-triangles.


With your two main color (mine being the pink dot and the blue dot) 2 7/8" squares, make four more half-square-triangles.


Now, take your plaid rectangles and your 2 1/2" background squares and make four flying geese units.


To make these units, I sew each square on separately. Meaning, I sew on one square, trim and flip it, then repeat for the other side.

With your background rectangles and your main color 2 1/2" squares, make four more flying geese units, using the same method.


For assembly of the block, you will take your main-color HST's (half-square-triangles) and make a pinwheel. This will be the center of your block.


Arrange the units of your block like this -

Sew together.

Add your 2 1/2" border.

And you're done! I really like this one :). Probably one of my favorites, so far!

Hopefully, we will have some good news in the house-hunting department, later this week!

Popular Posts