Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Green Fairy Quilts

When I first started blogging, the second blog I followed was Judi 'The Green Fairy'

If you aren't familiar with her story, she is an amazing quilter and pattern designer. Her designs are so original and fresh and fun, and her quilting is absolutely insanely good! 

She and her husband own their own (and very successful, I might add!) online fabric shop. They specialize in pre-cut fabric (my favorite kind of fabric!) and they have a great selection. You can even pre-order all the new stuff, so you know that you're getting it before it sells out everywhere else!

Along with her professional longarming and online store, Judi and her husband Clint have a non-profit organization
Basically, Clint lived in Romania for 2 years for a mission and was so moved that he started the organization. This will be their 4th year going to Romania to give quilts to children at a local orphanage. Along with quilts, the couple gives school supplies and food to the orphanage, which doubles as a soup kitchen for the homeless children in the neighborhood. 
I was really moved when I saw the videos of their past trips. They're gearing up for their September 2011 trip, and are always taking donations (monetary and quilts).

When I watched the videos, I knew there was something I had to do. So, this is my donation to Judi and Clint. Although small, I feel that if this quilt can keep a child warm, I've done my job.


Specs:
Bleached muslin, 200 thread ct. 
Quilting - I did an all-over medium-size stipple on a Gammill Vision that I rent by the hour. It took me about 45 minutes to quilt. 
Thread - Piecing and quilting thread are both from Connecting Threads.




To read more about Judi, her quilting, her shop, and her organization, click here.

Popular Posts